Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

"Give my knees to the needy"

One of my favorite John Prine songs is "I woke up this morning and went into the kitchen and died". The title to this blog segment is a phrase from that song. At this point I do not think that the needy would accept my knees because they sure song like they need oiling. The right one is sore and makes funny noises. I think it is simply a case of getting older. I will only put the pack on a couple of days a week (Tuesday and Thursday) so that I do not overdo it.

Spin class was not very tough today. Either that or my fitness level continues to improve. I never really got to breathing hard until the very end when I was actually in a stationary sprint because I had a lot left to give. One of the girls in the class was not coming back after today so that she could get ready to have her first child. I think the baby is due in about 6 weeks.

I am starting to think about where I want to go hiking next weekend. A lot will depend on the weather. I do not want to do 11 miles in that kind of humidity again and I am certain that Curbie agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment