Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Curbie and Me

Not Marley and me but Curbie and me. Curbie is our 2 year old (or thereabouts) combination lab and your guess is good as mine. This morning Curbie went with me to hike the blue/white loop at Oak Mountain State Park. It was a little warm and humid but we made the loop in about 3.5 hours covering about 6.2 miles topping out at about 1268 feet in elevation. Curbie was a great hiking partner by always staying within 30 yards of me and never complaining. I believe she can follow a trail better than I can. The only negative was she found some fresh scat and had to rub her neck in it. I do not know why and she smelled the high heaven.

This hike was so much better than Moss Rock Preserve. The scenery was much better and much more elevation change. My fitness program is really working because I never really got tired. The downhill was hard on my knees and hips but it always is like that. I found a couple of nice camping spots for the early fall which I think Curbie will get a chance to use.

Just when you get a little cocky and think how well you are doing along comes this guy who is running the trail rather than walking it. I was impressed but not enough to try and emulate that guy. I think I will just stick with the program.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought...how will you keep my Sweet Curbie from wandering off at night? I would miss you if you had to live in the woods until you found her.

    ReplyDelete