Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Finally!! After 63 years.....


Since I spent most of my adult life in Monroe, Louisiana I knew the chance of seeing a white Christmas was going to be very slim. When I moved to Birmingham in 1996 I heard all the locals talking about the huge blizzard of a few years before and I knew that would be my chance. The only problem was that not only did we not have a white Christmas, it quit snowing all together. Only in the last few years has Birmingham gotten any snow. In fact, my steep driveway leading down to my house has never even been iced over.

Well, yesterday around mid-day it began to snow in Birmingham. Vestavia Hills, which is right up the street, seemed to get the most. On the way to Christmas dinner at the Sanderson's we picked up Karen's Aunt Dot and her yard was covered with snow. The rest of the day it snowed on and off.

Last night the snow returned and I awoke to the beautiful view that I have outside my office window. So now I can cross something off my list. I have seen a white Christmas.

4 days and a wake up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment