Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eight Days and a Wake Up

The count down continues as the calendar moves slowly toward the jumping off day. Progress was made in a couple of small steps yesterday.

First, I was able to get my extra clothes set aside in a compression bag. I decided on mittens, a pair of glove inserts (if I need to be able to use my fingers), a fleece hat, one pair of tightie-whities, one pair of smart wool socks, a pair of capilene and rain pants. The rain pants will probably serve more as wind pants or snow pants.

Second, I decided to go with the freeze dried food. I went by Alabama Outdoors yesterday morning and they had a decent selection of Mountain House vacuum packed generic food. The vacuum pack fits very nicely in the pack and the generic food (beef and rice, chicken and rice) are ones that I have eaten before and with a little spice they will work well.

Today I will do a little map work. I will be inputting some coordinates of the plunge pools on Fresno Creek so that the group can make a side trip to an area I have not been for 26 years. You think you know the area but it has been too long since I went down the creek and I know how easy it is to take a wrong turn on the way back.

I am so short now that I can hardly see over my boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment