Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

A lot of meat but mostly gristle



This morning the sun was not shining. The day was overcast with clouds hanging low in the sky. I was at the trailhead just a little after six intent on just doing some exploring. I started out on the red trail, joined with the orange trail, green trail and then the yellow trail. Three hours later I was back at the South Trail head soaking wet. It rained at some point during the night so the trail was wet and the humidity could be cut with a knife.

Curbie and I then went up the Peavine Road and hiked down to Peavine Falls. There was nothing hard about the hike but when we got below the falls there was only a trickle. I will post a couple of pictures but only to memorialize the trip. All in all there was a lot of exertion this morning but very little to show for it. But in the end getting out and exploring with Curbie is better than sitting in front of the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment