Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And the walls came tumbling down

The title is the first thing that came to my mind when thinking about my upcoming weekend jaunt to North Alabama. Not too far outside of Scottsdale is a beautiful natural area that until recently was on private land and not accessible by the general public. The Nature Conservancy and the State of Alabama came together to purchase and make available an area that spans Alabama and Tennessee. The Walls of Jericho as it is called is a wonderful waterfall area at the bottom of a very large canyon. Beth Young has taken some very nice photographs of this area recently and I want to have a look for myself.

Curbie and I will drive up there on Saturday morning and hike the 2.5 miles down the canyon for a morning of photography. I am going to put on my photography backpack complete with camera, lenses and tripod along with a daypack for water and a late breakfast. I hope that there is waterflow in the falls but if not I will know what to expect for a follow-up trip in the rainy season.

Curbie kept trying to understand why I did not take her anywhere this last weekend. I think she knows what day of the week it is and I hurt her feelings. I will make up for it on Saturday. I hope to come back with some decent pictures and if so will post them on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment