Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

"The Heat Is On"

I came out of the gym this morning at 8 am and it was already hot and humid. I think if this weather would break every ones humor would improve. The legs felt good this morning so I upped the intensity on the treadmill and Steven followed that up with some fairly heavy strength work.

Even though it is still going to be hot this weekend I will go out to Oak Mountain State Park and do some hiking. I have not hiked up to Peavine Falls this summer so I think I will make that trek. If I am lucky Curbie and I can pick up a ride back to the trail head. What I may actually do is start at the South Trail head and go up to Peavine Falls and back down to the trail head. Then I can go down the blue trail toward the North Trail head and turn around at some point and come back to the South Trail head.

I am just putting in some miles slowly getting in hiking shape for later. The Pinhoti Loop Trail will probably be my next real adventure. The 17 mile loop can be done in one day but I think I will make an overnight out of it. Curbie has not spent the night out in the woods like this before so I think she will enjoy it. The question is will I enjoy her enjoying it?

No comments:

Post a Comment