Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's A New Year

Good morning from the frozen tundra of Birmingham, Alabama.  I have totally recovered from my latest trip to Big Bend and any bad memories have been washed aside and I can only recall the good ones.  The questions that have been asked by my throng of readers (4 or 5) is am I going back to Big Bend next year and am I going to continue my blog.  The answer to both questions is a resounding YES.

That news may be applauded or booed but only time will tell.  As I have said before these writings are really for my own therapy but if it brings pleasure to someone else then I am very happy.

I am dubbing the last few months as "S*** Happens".  Never in my life have I been through a period of time where everything is breaking down in some form or another.  I am not talking human beings here but mechanical objects that I own.  Cars, air conditioners, trucks, hot water heaters, laptops........it is driving me crazy.  I hope that this condition does not pour over into my physical or mental well-being.

The weather in Birmingham since I have returned from my trip to the badlands has been atrocious.  Cold weather, sleet, some snow and generally gloomy conditions have created a morose feeling within me.  I need to shake this because I have not worked out since I got back.  I need to get back into the swing of routine again.  I have never really been spontaneous so the routine must begin.  I did make a resolution to become more organized in all aspects of my life.  You will notice I say more organized rather than organized.  For what ever reason I have always been very unorganized for most of my life.  The times that I have tried to become truly organized has created an obsession which could not be sustained.  I am spending an hour a day of everyday to work on my organizational issues.  I hope that this will contain my obsession tendencies and be sustainable.

I will not go back onto the trail until February.  I will either head up to the Sipsey or go out on the Pinhoti Trail.  I have not decided which but I know that Curbie will be pleased.  Until then I will hunker down in my office and try to keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment