Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Ground to Break`

Over the last couple of months I have been in contact with some younger guys in Birmingham who are into backpacking in a big way. I posted some trip reports on Backpacking Alabama which is a site on Facebook hosted by one of these guys. As time has progressed we have now planned a trip to the Pinhoti Trail in the Talladega area. I have only liked an initial section of the Pinhoti so I am very interested in this weekend's trip.

We have had some rain in the Alabama area over the last week so I am hoping there is some water in the creeks so that we do not have to carry much. The weather looks like it is going to be very nice with cool nights, warm days and clear skies. I am sure that Curbie the wonder dog is ready to go.

I will bring a small digital camera on the trip and bring back some pictures of the area we will be hiking on. The leaves are changing and hopefully there will be some color left to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment