Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

"One is the loneliest number"

I have been backpacking since 1985 and have been on many week long trips, especially in the southwest desert. However, during all that time I have never been on a solo overnight trip. That will change tomorrow when I head to the Sipsey Wilderness for an overnighter. Technically, I will not be alone because Curbie is going with me.

We will probably hike 15 to 20 miles over the weekend but the weather is going to be nice and cool so that should not be a problem. I have packed and repacked my backback about 4 times now removing gear each time. I am carrying more weight than I need but I want to work on my gear so I am bringing some extra things.

I will post a trip report on Sunday if the bugger bear did not get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment