Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wes and I at the gym, will wonders never cease

Jack Wesley brought his parents for an extended visit this week before they head back to Baton Rouge for the summer.  Wes wanted to go work out at the gym this morning and see what I am always talking about.  Dawson Baptist Church in Homewood, Alabama is a true mega church with tremendous facilities.  One that I like the best is the Gymnasium and work out facitlity.  Wes was truly impressed with the facility and that I got to use it for free.

We did 30 minutes of core work and 30 minutes of cardio and felt great afterward.  It is 6 months until our next trip to Big Bend National Park so it is now time to get serious again with the workouts.  A couple of the ladies that are there every morning were asking when I would be getting back on the treadmill with my pack on.  I said soon but I will really be waiting until the last 90 days because it is hard on the knees.

Wes and I had a great time and I look forward to Thursday when he goes back again.  He did not want to get up early for spin class tomorrow so I guess I will be alone for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment