Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nature's Fury

I was in Baton Rouge over the weekend and through Wednesday helping my family with my brother's sudden heart attack.  (He is doing well and back at home after triple by-pass)  I was going to head home on Wednesday but our friend Pam who was staying at the house said to stay there until a double round of storms came through the area.  Her advice was on target because the I20 corridor into Birmingham was strafed with some of the worst tornadoes in the last 50 years.

On Wednesday afternoon, my mother-in-law called and let us know that our nephew Clay had shot footage of the Tuscaloosa tornado from his apartment balcony and it was playing on all the newscasts.
http://www.twitvid.com/4W6PU
The fury of that tornado was just enormous and would wind up being a horrific killer and destroyer of homes across Alabama and Georgia.  My heart and prayers go out to all the people who have been affected by this terrible storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment